Here are few tips which will help you as a beginning checklist to travel with luggage:
- A pouch or two of silica gel can keep your luggage moisture free.
- Avoid tangled wires; Keep them in separate cases/ covers. (DIY: Old chocolate box/ Perfume Box/ Spectacles case or even a visiting card case can be sufficient to hold all your charges and earplugs individually)
- Girls alert! Keep your dangling earrings, necklaces or any other jewelry in pill containers/ separate boxes.
- Did you know? Clothes rolled, accommodates more clothes than clothes folded.
- Your shoes in baggage can soil your bright clothes. Roll those pairs with a tissue/ Newspaper.
- While packing any delicate item, roll them with tissue paper/ News paper first (Rolled Socks could suffice too).
- Mark your bag “Fragile” if you are afraid of any delicate item inside. That helps in airplane travels. Your bag gets loaded on top layers, avoiding damage.
- Always make sure of few empty plastic bags/ covers in your baggage. You never know what you may need them for!
- For anything that may be runny if presses, like creams, makeup pallets or toiletries, pack them in zip lock covers (Make sure they are “travel-sized”)
- Keep all your delicate belongings in midst of your clothes to avoid breakage